Last time we talked why it is important to have your blog on the first page of Google. We discussed 13 different aspects you should pay attention to optimize. Without a sound on-page SEO you can’t expect your blog listed on the first page of Google. I strongly recommend you to go through the 3 SEO tasks you must do right now and This is why your blog is not on the first page of Google before proceeding the steps below.
On-Page SEO is essential but this alone is not sufficient to place your blog on the first page. After you have a well optimized blog and posts, you should set out and take actions on off-page SEO.
The First Page of Google Part 2
In this second part I’m talking about Off-Page SEO.
Off-Page SEO essentially means the aspect of search engine optimization that is performed externally to the blog itself so that a better result on search engine ranking pages is achieved. It primarily consists of increase the number of inbound links from other websites and blogs. These links that points back to your blog is known as backlinks.
Though links are very powerful and the sole purpose of off-page SEO, but remember all links are not equal. The result of link building strategies depend upon different factors
Factors that affect Off-Page SEO
- Which websites links to you: A link from well reputed and recognized website is far heavier than hundreds others.
- How many other websites link to your competitor: Ranking is in fact competition. If your competitor gets more links, it is naturally his right to rank higher.
- The Google page rank of the websites that link to you: Google regularly evaluates different websites and awards PageRank based on the link popularity. If you can get back link from highly ranked website, it is more worthy then dozens others.
- The page titles of the websites linking to you: Search engines do not just count the number of back links but they’ve been more concerned about the relevancy of the links. Why not? After all, they have to present most relevant result to the users. If you get links from pages whose title is related to your website, it is far more better.
- The anchor text used in the linking to you: After the title of page that links to you, the anchor text on which your link is embedded is more important. The links with ‘Click Here’, ‘More’ as anchor text is not much useful. The best achievement will be to have link with your primary keyword as anchor text.
- The number and type of other links in page that is linking to you: What are the other links and where are they linked to also determines the link value going to you. If you got back link from a page which is already generous to hundreds of others, there is hardly any fruit on your share.
- The number of outbound links on the website that is linking to you: Pay attention to outbound link on a page from where you are trying to get back link.
- Are the websites linking to you deemed as an authority website by Google? If you get link from a website that is considered authority by Google, you got the jackpot!
Off – Page SEO Strategies to list your blog on the first page of Google SERP.
1). Community Creation in Social Networking Sites
3). Forum Postings
4). Search Engine Submission
5). Directory Submission
6). Social Bookmarking
6). Link Exchange
7). Link Baiting
9). Photo Sharing
10). Video Promotions
11). Business Reviews
12). Local Listings & Yellow Pages
13). Article Submission
14). Press Release Promotion
15). Classifieds Submission
16). Social Shopping Network
18). Document Sharing
19) CSS, W3C & RSS Directories Submission
20). Widget / Gadget Development
21). PPC Ad Campaign